First of all Happy Valentine’s Day!
This is the one day of the year when we are all encouraged to share the love; the only challenge is we’re English!
Our usual focus is on loved ones and people we care about so this year the Purple Team suggest we turn our love and affections towards our customers.
We love our clients, yes; we really do and as you would expect we would like to share some of our marketing tips to help your business make the most of Valentine’s Day turning strangers into friends and our friends into lovers.
Most businesses work so hard at attracting new customers through, digital, social and print media – our world is full of messages, communications and noise.
At Oxxygen we stick to a very simple philosophy, turn strangers into friends and develop our friendships into loving relationships – much the same as we do in our private lives.
Everyone is a stranger until we establish a meaningful contact, ensure that your digital and social media reflects your business’s personality; allowing strangers to engage on a real level.
Ensure every touch-point offers warm and welcome information with clear calls to action, even if it is as easy as, ‘Tell us what you think?’
Once you’ve developed a dialogue then the real magic begins, two way open and honest communication – and your relationship begins!
Remember this is a vital stage requiring nurturing and development, we must build trust while building a rapport, never go for the hard sell; if you’re anything like the Purple Team nothing turns us off more than a pushy salesperson!
Offer help and support, allowing your customers to see you as a solution provider, a friend they can count on time and time again – the lifetime value of a customer is priceless.
By the time we’ve worked together or our products and services demonstrate value above and beyond the customer’s physical needs we extend into another world of customer delight as we slowly approach the advocacy phase of our relationship (yes, we are becoming lovers!)
So now your customers love you, here are a few handy hints to fan the flames of corporate passion:
- Create special Valentine deals; offer something that will appeal to your customer’s romantic side like special prices on flowers, discount on chocolates, couples deals or a voucher for a romantic dinner for two.
- Merchandise your best offers on your website, like you would for Christmas. The UK is the world’s largest online shopping market, so you have to make the most of your website by reaching your audience.
- Facebook is a great platform because you can target by gender, location, age, interests, relationship status (single, in a relationship, or even if it’s complicated).
- Tweet your loving Valentine’s Day messages, driving customers to your web-offers, blogs, YouTube videos or landing pages of love.
- Create a special event and invite your customers, suppliers and friends, who knows; they may become lovers!
- Send a direct mail to your customers with tips on how to celebrate this lovely day. Be sure to include information about any Valentine’s Day deals you offer.
- Decorate your storefront, shop window, or your office window to share the love.
- Send a thank you card to your customers for their continued business and wish them a happy Valentine’s Day. This is a great way to stay top of mind and show your love!
- One final tip, be confident to ask your lovers to introduce you to people they know, chances are we could help them too!
We hope that these tips will be useful.
“Let’s all raise a toast to friendship and peace and make life grand, enjoy my valentine, give wings to dreams of success & endeavours which we hope come true”
The “Purple Team” wish you a very happy Valentine’s Day!